Imagine a life where you don’t have to worry about wearing the black pants for a workout class or remembering to put a panty liner in. Where sex does not equal pain. Where running, jumping and lifting don’t cause feelings of heaviness in your pelvic floor. Where you are in control of how much and when you use the restroom for urination and bowel movements. A life where you are able to do the things that you love without the cloud of pelvic floor dysfunction of any kind. That is the life for you I want to help you create.
Things that are COMMON, but not NORMAL:
- Leaking urine (even a little!) while coughing, laughing, jumping, sneezing, walking, running, hurrying to use the restroom and more.
- Having urgency of bowel or bladder or having to use the bathroom many times during the day or night
- Having pain with sexual intercourse or other sexual touch
- Having pain in your genital region that is irritated by clothing and touch
- Having a feeling of heaviness in your vagina or actually feeling the tissues buldge out
Some of the common pelvic floor dysfunctions treated at Pelvic Potential:
- Stress incontinence (urine and fecal)
- Urge incontinence (urine and fecal)
- Prolapse (urethral, cystocele, uterine, rectocele and rectal)
- Dyspareunia (pain with sex)
- Tailbone pain (Coccydynia)
- Pubic symphasis dysfunction
- Diastasis recti
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Sacro-illiac joint dysfunction (“SIJ” dysfuntion)
- “Piriformis syndrome”
- Pain during pregnancy
- Post partum rehabilitation and return to sport
What to expect when you come to your pelvic floor physical therapy evaluation:
We get it. Pelvic floor physical therapy treatment can be very intimidating! Thank you in advance for trusting us to care for you. Your comfort is always at utmost concern throughout your treatment. When you walk in the door, we will first talk about YOUR concerns and goals for treatment. We will then evaluate you fully clothed, looking at things like posture, watching you perform various movements, testing the strength of different muscles and evaluating the movement at different joints. If an external or internal pelvic floor exam is indicated (and this is something you feel comfortable with), we will talk through everything we will specifically be doing. You will undress below the waist and be fully draped in sheets. We will then do a thorough exam of all soft tissues, check the function of different muscles, and find any possible sources of pain or dysfunction. Internal exam and treatment does not need to be a part of your treatment if you prefer. Overall, Dr. Tanza is highly skilled at making evaluations comfortable and highly informative.
Contact Pelvic Potential for more information: